Now accepting students for Practical Energy and Advanced Knowledge for Building program- Foundational Knowledge and Building Envelope – Construction Technologies courses http://ow.ly/M8pG50u0uRr
Practical Energy and Advanced Knowledge – Buildings (PEAK/Building) Certificate Program is comprised of:
- a prerequisite foundational knowledge course (online)
- 5 core courses (online and evening classes)
- Envelope, Systems, Economics, Comfort and Leadership
- a capstone/practical work experience course
Time commitment for each course = 30 – 40 hours over a six-week period for each course.
The program is part-time. It will take less than 1 year to complete.
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions:
- Admission to the program follows from an in-person or phone meeting with the prospective student. There are no prerequisites; we simply make an effort to make sure the program or course is a good fit with the student’s needs. Successful students have included those with technical, construction, or business backgrounds and personal interest.
- The PEAK/Buildings certificate is for professional development/continuing education (not a university transfer credit).
- Our professional network includes contacts in Natural Resources Canada, BC Hydro, BC Housing, BC Building Envelope Council, Fortis BC, lower mainland BC municipalities, and sustainable-minded businesses and organizations.
- The student has to be legally in Canada. Because it is a part-time, continuing education program, it does not usually qualify for a student visa.